Wikimedia Colombia Conference 2017
Please see the sample Meeting application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Socialize with community members
- Organize a community project
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
1. What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
- We want to meet and encourage active editors who are not part of our group to join us. Those editor are potentiality we expect that some of them speak an indigenous languages, so we will talk about the Wikimedia projects in indigenous languages and encourage them to collaborate is those projects.
- The last meeting of colombian wikimedians was in 2013, at that time we were not yet an user group (We were recognized in 2014, in part thanks to the projects and ideas that we started to develop at the 2013 meeting). Now we are an User Group (with an indefinitely renewal of our recognition as UG) and we think it's time to meet us again for coordinate efforts and improve our work.
- We will talk about our experience in organizing events such as WLM and our own contest "Wikivacaciones" (2015 and 2016), we also want to talk about the possible organization of future events like edit-a-thons and others.
- We did not have the chance to celebrate Wikipedia 15, so this would be a good excuse to do it now.
- We are planning to make a Wiki Takes Bogotá or a photowalk through the city and visit a museum. We expect to get at least 50 photos.
2.If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
This will be our first meet since we became an UG. However, we have participated in meetings in other meetings and events (such as Iberoconf, WMConf). These meeting have been very important to us because they have been useful to improve the group dynamics, to get to know us better and organize our work more effectively.
3.How will you let participants know about the meeting?
We will announce the meeting on all our social medias, also we plan to ask for a site notice on the Spanish language projects to inform all the potential interested wikimedians. All the interested editor will fill a survey and we will select the most active and best of them for participate the meeting.
4.How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over? We will keep in contact with the participants of the event. Note that the most part of the participants will be people who in one form or another already participate in the movement (Some of the are editors in Wikipedia, others in Spanish Wikivoyage, others upload their photos to Commons, etc) but they are not members or do not participate in the activities of Wikimedistas de Colombia. Experienced editors will keep in touch with the new participants.
5.Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project? No.
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
Mostly concentrated on Spanish Wikipedia and Commons; but also indirectly will may impact the general Wikimedia movement or more wiki projects (Mainly in Spanish). We strongly expect to help the creation and develop of projects in indigenous languages of Colombia.
- Number of total participants: 20
- Number of people who will help organize the event: 3
|Units||Total price||US aprox|
|Accommodation & transport in the city||13||1 000 000||344|
|Flights||13||2 600 000||890|
|Food during the event||See below||1 930 000||664|
|Extra margin (bank fees, other unknown expenses)||100 000||35|
|Total||5 630 000||1933|
- Breakfasts * 2 days (Saturday 17 and Sunday 18) for 13 people. Cost of one breakfast = 5 000 COP$
- Lunch * 1 day (Saturday 17) for 20 people. Cost of one lunch= 10 000 COP$
- Dinners * 2 days (Friday 16 and Saturday 17) for 20 people. Cost of one dinner = 30 000 COP$
- Snacks during all the event 400 000 COP$
- Total = 1 930 000 (664 US$ aprox)
- The Colombian National Library will host the event for free.