- In 2016 Wikimedistas de Colombia wants to celebrate two meetings in order to know us better and improve our teamwork, internal organization and also to celebrate Wikipedia 15.
- The last meeting of colombian wikimedians was in 2013, we think it's time to meet us again for coordinate efforts and improve our work.
- We will talk about the realization of events such as WLM and WLE Colombia 2016, Wikivacaciones 2016, edit-a-thons and others.
- Also we will talk about the possible participation of our group in events like Campus Party 2016.
- Celebrate Wikipedia 15.
- Encourage active editors to join the group.
- Encourage editors to collaborate on the Wikimedia projects in indigenous languages.
- Mostly concentrated on Spanish Wikipedia and Commons; but also indirectly will may impact the general Wikimedia movement or more wiki projects (Mainly in Spanish).
Fit with strategy[editar]
This grant most directly supports the strategic priorities of increasing participation and increasing quality.
- Increasing Participation
- Wikimedistas de Colombia is a little user groups but we have been working over the past years to realize big events and competitions such as WLM 2012, 2013 and 2014, and Wikivacaciones. We want to encourage colombian wikimedians to work with us more actively.
- With more members and a higher participation of them we may establish ourselves as a chapter in 2016.
Measures of success[editar]
Please provide a list of both quantitative and qualitative criteria that will be used to determine how successful the project is. You will need to report on the success of the project according to these measures after the project is completed. See the PEG program resources for suggested measures of success.
- Event media published to Wikimedia Commons categories
- Report on the Wikimedia Colombia's blog.
- At least 4 or more active members of Wikimedistas de Colombia
- Peaceful community base
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some global metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
Resources and risks[editar]
- Both Racso and Sahaquiel9102 have organized a WLM event before, with the following results:
- Wiki Loves Monuments Colombia 2012: Organized by Racso. 220 participants, 6126 uploaded photos, 430 pictured monuments.
- Wiki Loves Monuments Colombia 2013: Organized by Sahaquiel9102. 82 participants, 1251 uploaded photos, 204 pictured monuments.
- Wiki Loves Monuments Colombia 2014: Organized by Racso and Sahaquiel9102. 156 participants, 2794 uploaded photos, 149 pictured towns.
- Wikivacaciones Colombia 2015: Organized by Remux, Racso and Sahaquiel9102. Still in progress.
- Project budget table
|Number||Category||Item description||Unit||Number of units||Cost per unit (COP)||Total (COP)||Total (US) (Aprox)||Notes|
|1||Travel||Flights of the staff to the meeting city and back to home||1 travel of 1 person||6||300 000||1 800 000||560||6 flights = 3 for the first meeting and 3 for the second for the members of the staff: Racso, Remux, Sahaquiel9102|
|2||Travel||Flights of WMCO contributors to the meeting city and back to home||1 travel of 1 person||10||300 000||3 000 000||933||10 flights = 5 for the first meeting and 5 for the second for the Contributors selected from a public call.|
|3||Event support||Intercity bus trips||1 pass per person with 6 travels in the public transport system||16||10 800||172 800||54||8 for the first meeting and 8 for the second.|
|4||Accommodation||Accommodation of the participants||Accommodation of 1 person for 1 days||16||70 000||1 120 000||349||None|
|5||Food||Feeding during the event||3 meals for 1 person||16||40 000||800000||243||None|
|Total||6 892 800||2 139||None|
Grantees are subject to line-item scrutiny of expenses. Changes to the approved budget beyond 10% in any category must be approved in advance.
- Total cost of project
- 6 892 800 COP (2 139 US)
- Total amount requested from the Project and Event Grants program
- 6 892 800 COP (2 139 US)
- Additional sources of revenue that may fund part of this project, and amounts funded
- No other cash funding
- In kind funding includes the following:
- Donated labor of local volunteer Wikimedia community organizers
See a description of non-financial assistance available. Please inform the Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) of any requests for non-financial assistance now.
- Requests for non-financial assistance, if any
- None (Maybe Merchandising?)
You are responsible for notifying relevant communities of your proposal, so that they can help you! Depending on your project, notification may be most appropriate on a village pump, talk page, mailing list. Please paste a link below to where the relevant communities have been notified of this proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions. Need notification tips?
- PLACEHOLDER TEXT
Do you think this project should be selected for a Project and Event Grant? Please add your name and rationale for endorsing this project in the list below. Other feedback, questions or concerns from community members are also highly valued, but please post them on the talk page of this proposal.