Wiki Loves Monuments 2014/Organización/Propuesta de Racso/Grant
Grant request details[editar]
- Are you an organization, a group, or an individual?
- Wikimedia User Group
- Please provide your name, or the name of the group or organization requesting this grant.
- Wikimedistas de Colombia
- Please provide the name (or username) of the main contact for this grant request. You do not need to disclose your legal name publicly.
- User: Racso
- For groups and organizations only: Please provide the name (or username) of a second contact for this grant request.
- User: Sahaquiel9102
- Please link to any relevant documents, including your website if you have one.
- Wikimedistas de Colombia
- Wiki Loves Monuments Colombia
- Wiki Loves Monuments Colombia (redirection page)
- Official project name
- Wiki Loves Monuments Colombia 2014
- Project start date
- 1 July 2014
- Project completion date
- 31 October 2014
- Please describe the project in a few sentences
- We will prepare, execute and close a photography contest in Colombia. The contest will be focused on monuments inside the country, and participants will upload their photos to Wikimedia Commons. This will be the third year the contest will be held in Colombia.
- Amount and currency requested
- 1,570,000 COP
- Please provide an equivalent amount in US dollars using the exchange rate provided by Oanda on the date you open this request
- 835 USD
Goals and measures of success[editar]
Please briefly describe what will be accomplished if the project is successful.
- Project goal
- The goal of the project is to produce high quality photos that illustrate monuments all around Colombia, and put those photos in Wikimedia Commons under a free license.
Measures of success[editar]
Please provide a list of measurable criteria that will be used determine how successful the project is. You will need to report on the success of the project according to these measures after the project is completed.
- Measures of success
- We'll consider the project to be a success if at least two of the following occur:
- At least 100 people participate in the event.
- At least 2500 photos are uploaded to Wikimedia Commons in the event.
- At least 80 different towns of Colombia are pictured in the photos uploaded in the event.
Project scope and activities[editar]
The contest is to be held during September 2014. During the complete month, participants will upload their images to Wikimedia Commons, while the organizing team focuses on answering questions, updating the contest status, preparing prizes and judges and organizing events (photowalks, etc.) in their towns.
In October 2014, judges will pick the contest winners and the organizing team will send the prizes to the winners.
Please provide a detailed breakdown of project expenses according to the instructions here.
- Project budget table
|Item||Cost (COP)||Cost (USD)||Notes|
|Web domains||120.000||64||Renewal of wikilovesmonuments.co and monumentos.co (an easier to remember alternative). The domains had to be renewed on 2014/06/15, so this will be a refund to the volunteer who paid them.|
|Facebook Ads||400.000||213||Approximate cost for 1 month of ads in 5 colombian cities.|
Prizes for the 3 best participants:
|Prize shipping to winners||50.000||27|
- Total cost of project
- $1.570.000 COP (835 USD).
- Total amount requested from the Project and Event Grants program
- $1.570.000 COP (835 USD).
- Additional sources of revenue that may fund part of this project, and amounts funded
- Highly variable. In 2012, we got funding from a commercial library (150 USD) and Wikimedia Netherland (about 300 USD), while in 2013 we barely found founding. This year, we have no planned efforts to search for revenue from local sources.
See a description of non financial assistance available. Please inform Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) of any requirements for non-financial assistance now.
- Requests for non-financial assistance
- During the contest: mention of the contest in es:wikipedia CentralNotice. On previous years, the international WLM organizers and volunteers helped with that. We ask for assistance with the matter because it's not yet clearly defined if there will be an international instance of the contest.
Resources and Risks[editar]
- 5 team members: User:Racso, User:Sahaquiel9102, User:Baiji, User:Remux, User:Luisfege.
- Both Racso and Sahaquiel9102 have organized a WLM event before, with the following results:
- Wiki Loves Monuments Colombia 2012: Organized by Racso. 220 participants, 6126 uploaded photos, 430 pictured monuments.
- Wiki Loves Monuments Colombia 2013: Organized by Sahaquiel9102. 62 participants, 1195 uploaded photos, 204 pictured monuments.
- Difficulty getting financial support from local organizations.
- Difficulty in spreading the word about the contest.
- Mitigating risks
- We decided to put all our financial needs in this grant, in order to avoid dealing with unresponsive local organizations. That way, we can focus all our work on organizing the contest rather than looking for external support.
- As a non-financial requirement, we ask for a mention of the contest on es:wp CentralNotice. Also, part of the grant will be invested in ads.
Fit to strategy[editar]
If successful, the project will provide the following:
- Useful, high-quality images about Colombia local monuments. This year, we will allow any local monument to participate. We expect way more participation than previous years.
- Potentially, more participation in Wikimedia Commons or Wikipedia in spanish.
- Potentially, new members for Wikimedistas de Colombia.
- If the project will benefit a specific online community, please tell us.
- The project will benefit Wikimedia Commons. Possibly, it will also benefit es:Wikipedia.
- Please provide a brief statement about how the project is related to other work in the Wikimedia movement. For example, does the project fit into a work area such as GLAM, education, organizational development, editor retention, or outreach?
- While not directly targeted, the project may fall into the GLAM program area, as some important cultural objects may be located inside museums and galleries, so participants may work with that kind of institutions.
- If successful, will the project have the potential to be replicated successfully by other individuals, groups, or organizations? Please explain how in 1–2 sentences.
- The project is easily replicated. As a matter of fact, is the third time we organize it. Most of the used material (rules, lists, websites, etc.) can easily be updated and reused.