Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The focus of the contest are photos of the Colombia culture (i.e holidays, festivals, local food, typical dresses, etc). Colombia has an incredible culture, but most of it is undocumented in the Wikimedia Projects, so we are working to solve this.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- People will know about this project through facebook, instagram and a banner in the Wikimedia projects, before and during the development of the contest.
- Also we will try to contact the media and make some propaganda of our contest.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- There will be 2 kind of prizes: those awarded by a jury and those awarded by a public election process. The former is the way we run the main contest, while the later is a way to get people more active in our social networks and to get more followers
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- There are still a lot of places in Colombia with too few or none photo on Commons. We will give a special award for the best photo of a place like this. So there is a big potential to use those photos on the Wikimedia Projects
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This is the fourth time in a row that we run this contest :)
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: At least 100
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 1000 (At least 100 of them of places with few or none photos on Commons)
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: +40
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- 3 team members: User:Remux, User:Racso, User:Sahaquiel9102. All of them have organized Wikimedia contests before.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Prizes for winners
This year the prizes will be Amazon gift card and 3 gift cards of Libreria Nacional:
- First place: 100 USD Amazon e-gift card + 100.000 COP Librería Nacional Gift card
- Second place: 50 USD Amazon e-gift card + 100.000 COP Librería Nacional Gift card
- Third place: 50 USD Amazon e-gift card + 50.000 COP Librería Nacional Gift card
- Total cost of main prizes: 200 USD and 150.000 COP
Also we will give several small prizes:
- Prize for uploading the largest number of photos on Commons - Librería Nacional 50 000 COP Gift card
- Price for the best photo from a town that has few or none photos in Commons - Librería Nacional 50 000 COP Gift card
- Prize for uploading on Commons the largest number of photos from a town that has few or none photos in Commons - Librería Nacional 50 000 COP Gift card
- Prize for having the highest number of photos in the TOP 10. - Librería Nacional 50 000 COP Gift card
- Prize for the best photo of a monument. - 50 000 COP Librería Nacional Gift card
- Prize for the best nature photo. - 50 000 COP Librería Nacional Gift card
- Participation Prize: Prize to be raffled among all participants who have uploaded more than 10 photos : -50 000 COP Librería Nacional Gift card
- Total cost of small prizes: 350.000 COP
- Total cost in prizes: 200 USD and 500.000 COP
While we'll use Wikipedia's sitenotice as our main advertisement hub, we plan to use Facebook ads for showcasing the contest and our group.
- Facebook ads: 200 000 COP
- Twitter ads: 100 000 COP
- Instagram ads: 100 000 COP
- Total cost in ads: 400 000 COP
- Logistic costs
- Extra margin (bank fees, other unknown expenses): 50.000 COP
- Total logistic costs: 50 000 COP
- 200 USD and 900.000 COP (485 USD Aprox.)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!